Blood stains are the worst nightmares for the homeowners. If left untreated, those stains can be an unhygienic brooding place for microbial growth, mold and harmful micro-agents. This type of situation is not just unhealthy for the beings living inside the home but also spread a bad picture of the interior of the house. The harmful disease agents can spread rapidly if left untreated.
Unfortunately, blood stains are not easy to get out but the chances of 100% wipe out increases when you observe it at the first place when the stain is still fresh and not permanently settled into the carpet.
Always hire professional carpet cleaning technicians to get advanced and effective help on the situation. A professional carpet cleaner will have certification, knowledge and experience in handling intense carpet blood stain case and also use Australian recommended products and latest technology to eradicate it. The technicians understand the type of carpet fibre and thus, can give the most suitable treatment to the carpet blood stains. The following are some of the most effective ways that people manually remove blood stains from carpet.
Today, we will discuss the best proven ways to clean blood stains at home.
Preliminary Method At Home
This is the basic method and great when you treat a fresh blood stained spot.
- Apply cold water on the blood stained carpet. If the blood stain area is quite large, dab the area and start from the edges of the stain. Keep the cleaning procedure going inward side.
- Keep rubbing the blood stain until it is completely gone.
The Detergent Method
- Add two tablespoons of liquid dishwashing detergent with two cups of cold water.
- Take a brush with soft bristles and apply the detergent solution onto the blood stain.
- Let it sit for a while.
- After some time, dab the spot and continue doing so until all of the blood is absorbed into the cleaning cloth.
Blood Stain Cleaning On Carpet
- Always use cold water to prevent blood from coagulation. Use cold water and dab with a clean cloth towel to remove the fresh blood stains.
- Ammonia Method
If the blood stains are not fresh and have become stubborn, apply ammonia method then. In this method, use ammonia instead of the liquid detergent which will make it a much more strong solution. Keep on adding ammonia solution on the blood stain until it is absorbed.
It is highly recommended to hire or call professional carpet cleaning technicians from Sydney CBD & MacArthur Carpet Cleaning to prevent any mishap and provide the most effective treatment.
Removal Of Blood Stains
One can also sprinkle salt on the affected area to remove blood stains from the carpet.
- Add salt and water together and prepare a thin paste.
- Apply the thin paste onto the stain.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until the blood soaks up into the mixture.
- Then start blotting the stain until it is removed.
- Vacuum the affected area to remove the salt residue.
These methods are best home DIYs but for a more serious case of blood stain stain, always hire professional carpet cleaning company who know the exact tools and procedure to clean up the mess. Giving it to the hands of the expert, make them live longer and appear bright as ever. So, what are you waiting for!?
For a clean and healthy home, Call Southern Carpet Cleaning on PH 1300-745-711. We provide our Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, fabric protection and Water Damage Repair & Restoration services in Picton, Campbelltown, Bowral, Bundanoon, Wollongong, Mossvale, Camden, Thirlmere, Tahmoor, Harrington Park, Glen Alpine, Campbelltown, Spring Farm, Smeaton Grange, Theresa Park, Mount Annan, Narellan, New South Wales, Outer South Western Sydney, Southern highlands and Suburb of Wilton area of Outer South Western Sydney, New South Wales.
Note: Every carpet fibers reacts differently and if you don’t know about your carpet and which solutions will be good then please call a professional carpet cleaner at Southern Carpet Cleaning.